I saw Thor: Ragnarok. It was lots of fun, even if I could see some of the jokes coming a mile away.
My husband and I visited the National Gallery.
We went through DBS Singapore Galleries 1, 2, and 3 on Level 2. We saw the Chief Justice’s Chamber and Office, as well as UOB Southeast Asia Galleries 1, 2 and 3 on Level 3. We’ll have to go back another time and see galleries 4 to 15 and the Wu Guanzhong Gallery.
I especially liked:
- a portrait of Hugh Charles Clifford, Governor of the Straits Settlements
- this weird nativity scene by Richard Walker
- this sciencey chair illusion
- seeing Singapore’s declaration of independence
- this massive painting of animals fleeing a forest fire
- having the chance to see a portrait of José Rizal, author of Noli Me Tangere
After visiting the gallery, my husband and I crossed Anderson Bridge, where this photo was taken, and got drinks at Starbucks at the Fullerton Waterboat House.