My husband and I went along with his parents on part of their whirlwind trip through New Zealand and Australia. It was one of the longer trips I’ve ever been on (8 to 27 December).
We covered a lot of ground in planes, trains, and ferries, though I feel like what we saw in Australia was just the tip of an iceberg—or rather, a continent.
I took 2270 photos.
There are lots of landscape photos, flowers and birds, a selection of Christmas trees, some architecture (including earthquake damage and graffiti in Christchurch), interesting textures, signs, and selfies with (among other things) various trees, a plush wombat, and the Sydney Opera House.
Since (even after weeding out the less good ones) there are still an overwhelming number of photos, I’ve split them up into different posts chronogeographically.
- Waiheke Island and Waiheke Ferry trip
- The Northern Explorer train trip and Wellington
- Interislander Ferry and Marlborough
- The planes to Christchurch
- The Tranzalpine Train trip
- Kumara and Hokitika
- The drive to Fox Glacier and Fox Glacier
- The drive to Queenstown and Queenstown
- The plane to Melbourne and Melbourne
- The plane to Sydney and Sydney (coming soon!)
- The Royal Botanic Garden in Sydney (coming soon!)